Skip to content
- Youth Transforming Africa: This growing community of young, energetic change makers is a platform built out of the Blog4dev community in which young African youth converge to discuss matters of development on the continent. It is supported and initiated by the World Bank. As a member, part of my engagement is that I conduct research on topical issues concerning development in my country and across the East African region. I am an active member of the Newsletter group who meet weekly to develop a newsletter on youth opportunities, development news in Africa and connect the youth to these opportunities that enrich their lives.
- Tedi Africa: With a vision to see Africa in which women & youth co-create a just, prosperous and sustainable ecosystem through social innovation, Tedi is a social enterprise startup, intervening in women & youth entrepreneurial space to basically solve two problems: (i) Provides an enterprise support to small, emerging and scalable entities in the tough business world of South Sudan so that they can stand firm, and contribute towards the sustainable development agenda and (ii) Initiate and champion disruptive & innovative solutions to pressing environmental and social challenges that our target group encounter, directing them towards sustainable pathways that are just, socially appealing and environmentally friendly. Find more here.
- Young African Leaders Initiative, East Africa: The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) is the United States’ signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders. YALI Regional Leadership Centers (RLCs) are located at higher education institutions in sub-Saharan Africa and offer leadership training programs to young leaders between the ages of 18 and 35. By providing in-person and online training, networking, and professional development opportunities, the RLCs serve as a place for regional collaboration driven by young leaders.
- The RLCs are a project of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in close partnership with The MasterCard Foundation and other private sector partners. Each center is managed as a public-private partnership.
- The YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa, located at Kenyatta University in Nairobi, Kenya serves 14 countries in East and Central Africa: Burundi, Central African Republic, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda. The Center is overseen by Deloitte East Africa and is supported by a growing number of African and international partners. Read more on their website.
- DAFI Scholars: The DAFI (Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative) scholarship program offers qualified refugee and returnee students the possibility to earn an undergraduate degree in their country of asylum or home country. Through the dedicated support of the governments of Germany, Denmark and the Czech Republic, UNHCR and private donors, the program has supported over 18,000 young refugees to undertake tertiary studies since 1992. Scholars are required to engage in productive community-based activities, leadership development activities and programs that advance the object of DAFI Scholarship mission.